Here are some things to do if you want to save money on Insurance:
1.Select a strong, stable insurer. Time is money – fast, fair claim service is a must.
2.Don’t over or under insure. Choose only the coverages you need. However, saving a few dollars up front could cost you a significant amount of money at a time of loss. Consult your agent to determine how much you need.
3. Choose an appropriate deductible and coverage limits. The higher the amount of loss you elect to “self insure”, the lower your premium is likely to be. Consider coverage carefully.
4. Find out about excess liability. Don’t take basic coverage for granted. This economical coverage picks up where your liability leaves off and can save huge amounts in the event of a large judgement against you.
5. Don’t guess at coverage. The cost of rebuilding your home might exceed your estimate. Consult your agent and
determine how much you need to rebuild from the ground up. (Home)
6. Always opt for replacement value. Unless you insure for replacement cost of household possessions, you will be paid only the purchase price, less depreciation, for items burned or stolen. (Home)
7. Schedule arts, furs, antiques, and collectibles and ask about off-premise coverage. Make certain all items of this nature (especially those worth more than face value) are separately scheduled for their worth. Make sure your insurance covers possessions in transit and for “mysterious disappearance”. (Home)
8. Make sure you get proper “credits”, check your living expenses coverage, and remember flood insurance. Alarm systems, proximity to fire hydrants and stations, and smoke alarms can save you money. In the event of fire, or other damage to your home, your policy should provide adequate payment for alternate lodging during the period of rebuilding –remember flood is not standar. (Home)
9. Ask about discounts! Some insurers offer multiple car and safe driver discounts – even based on years of experience or retirement status! (Auto)
10. Comprehensive and collision coverage are important – without these you will not be paid for fire, theft, or other losses out ofyour control. If you have a car loan, collision is required, but is good to protect your interests too in the event your car is badly damaged by unknown persons. (Auto only)
11. Uninsured Motorist and Towing & Replacement are important dollar savers in the event you are the victim of a hit-and-run, a driver without insurance or need to move your auto or rent a replacement car.
12. MOST IMPORTANT: Talk to us! We’re independent agents representing several companies that want to compete for your business. We “shop” for you, and can almost certainly save you money and concern. Give us a call, we’re here to help!
Or, send us an email or letter with the following information:
- City, State, Zip
- Phone (And best time to call)
- Current policy’s renwal date
- If you’d like more information on: Homeowners, Auto, Personal Umbrella, or Life Insurance.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
-Bill Haddox Insurance